National Library of Serbia is pleased to announce, regarding the anniversary of 70 years since the establishment of Special Collections Department, the international conference on: Special Collections in the Context of Cultural Heritage Protection and Cultural Development Fostering, 2-3 October 2017.
The conference is organized with aim to improve and promote the special collections and their specific characteristics which have an important place in the development and inheritance of culture.
Topics of the conference will be actualities in special collections management:
– establishment and development (criteria for the establishment and different aspects of the aquisition policy),
– object identification and description (structural, formal and technical aspects of the implementation of current standards and models),
– representation of projects and examples of good practice in protection (physical and legal aspects of protection),
– digitisation and opportunities for improvement and development in the digital age (access, storage, intellectual property, digital born objects),
– cooperation between GLAM institutions.
Although the Conference will primarily focus on these themes, submissions of high quality on endeavours in other fields of special collections will also be considered.
– December 1, 2016. deadline for abstract submissions. CLOSED.
– January 15, 2017. notification of acceptance and registration opening,
– March 1, 2017. deadline for registration,
– December 1, 2017. deadline for full paper submissions.
Working languages of the conference are Serbian and English. Translation provided.